ENACT A STIMULUS THAT WILL PROTECT FAMILIES, THE ECONOMY AND PUBLIC HEALTH
Congress is negotiating the next Pandemic Stimulus package right now. Arizona Interfaith Network is calling on Senator McSally and Senator Sinema to enact a bold emergency stimulus package by signing below.
Dear Senators McSally and Sinema:
As leaders and clergy of the Arizona Interfaith Network, we urge you to work with your colleagues in the Senate to move swiftly to:
Support the full $600 per week federal supplemental unemployment insurance.
- All taxpaying adults must receive the $1200 (plus $500 per child) stimulus payments, including mixed immigration status families and ITIN holders.
- Congress must provide additional housing funding ($100 billion) and broaden a freeze on evictions.
- Ensure that both state and local governments are funded through this important time of recovery.
Fund Testing, Tracing, and Supported Isolation (TTSI) efforts for our communities, as well as enhanced PPE procurement for our nation’s First Responders and Health Care Professionals.
- Increase the maximum Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefit by 15 percent during this emergency to ensure households have enough resources to avoid the hard choice of choosing between paying their bills or paying for food.
- To ensure the burden of childcare does not disproportionately fall on low-income and essential workers, Congress needs to include ample funding for childcare.
The nation is engaged in an unprecedented epidemiological and economic crisis response. We implore you to act now and boldly to ensure families have a roof over their heads, water to wash their hands, and food to fill their bellies. The best way to keep the economy afloat and save lives is to support our families.