Pima County Interfaith has leveraged over 100 million dollars on behalf of Pima County families since its founding in 1990. This does not include its work on many other issues (helping to pass Medicaid Expansion in Arizona, defending and expanding public school and adult education funding, advocating successfully for affordable housing, neighborhood development, energy efficiency, and immigrant integration). As a society, over the years we became complacent. The public figured we had won our battles and our work was done, but we should have paid attention because some of the very same issues have surfaced. We invite you to join us in creating a economically sound and vibrant community.
PCI's Milestone Wins:
- 2018: Worked with legislators at the capitol to pass an extension of Prop. 301to contine a one-cent sales tax for education
- 2017: Sale of SPICE drug prohibition City Ordinance and State Law (Priceless)
- 2016: Passage of $58 million facilities bond for Amphi SD. First CCHD funded Hispanic Leadership 3-day Training in Spanish in the U.S.
- 2015: PCIC celebrated 25 years of community engagement--PCICEO launched as PCIC's new 501(c)3 sister organization
- 2014: Amphi School Bonds passed - $65 million